by Kiersten Mehl on February 15, 2022
As a Timberline Windsor Women's Bible Study Leadership Team, we commit to the live the mission through women's Bible study as stated below. We have this written down as a way to guide our studies and our meetings to ensure that we are intentional with everything we do. We share this with you so that you can know what to expect from this group. While we don’t treat this as a contract or covenant and won’t ask you to sign your commitment to these goals, we do invite you to consider striving toward these goals in order that you would benefit as much as possible from this group.
Living the Mission
Timberline Windsor Women’s Bible Study is a group that gives a space for women to live and prepare to live the mission of spending our lives sharing the life and love of Jesus.
“Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” - Hebrews 10:24-25
How I will live the mission through Women’s Bible Study:
As a participant I will live the mission by growing together.
- I will make an effort to make authentic relationships with those in my small group by attending group gatherings regularly, praying for group members, and working to resolve conflict.
- I will contribute to a safe environment by refraining from gossip, being non-judgmental, avoiding quick, flippant answers or easy fixes to complicated problems, and keeping group members’ comments confidential.
As a participant I will live the mission by growing spiritually.
- I will spend regular time in prayer, reading scripture, and attending church services and events.
- I will do my best to complete our study guide and come prepared and willing to participate.
As a participant I will live the mission by growing ‘Beyond Me’.
- I will pray for and participate in mission and outreach activities organized by our group.
- I will seek to share the life and love of Jesus with others both outside of group time and by inviting them into our group.