Job Title: Childcare Worker
Reports To: Children’s Director at Timberline Windsor
Direct Reports: None
To provide safe, secure, nurturing, clean, and efficient care to our children during Thursday mornings and special events. Ministry responsibilities include playing with the children or directing their play, reading to them, praying with children, exhibiting patience and love, and relating the events of the day to the lesson and theme in words the child can understand.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, changing diapers, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, sitting with, and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, crafts, and play.
- Provide for the emotional, physical, and social needs of young children during the time they are in the Children’s area.
- Work amicably with other childcare volunteers/workers.
- Interact with the children and encourage their involvement in activities.
- Polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers and maintain good communications with them.
- Stay until all children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration form.
- Straighten room and clean any used toys/beds before leaving.
- Work during your scheduled time and may be asked to work additional hours during special events
- Abide by the Children’s Department policies and classroom expectations.
- Report to the Children’s Director
- Communicate in advance, by phone or email to the Children’s Director of any absences.
1. Planned absences must be given two weeks ahead of time.
2. In the case of last-minute illness, he or she must contact the Children’s Director by phone 1 hour prior to his or her shift so a replacement or volunteer may be found.
- Experienced in the care of children with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities/characteristics or early childhood development.
- Must be a nurturing, caring, and patient caregiver who enjoys working with young children.
- Outgoing personality and ability to work well with children.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross (ARC). CPR training/certification for infants and children preferred.
- Abide by the Timberline Church Staff Covenant
Applicants must be over 18 years of age and pass a background check.
This is a part-time position.
To Apply: Click the below links to complete the job application and SHAPE Assessment. Please submit these along with your resume and cover letter. We will then contact you for the next steps.
Please Note: you must submit all items requested to be considered for employment.