Job Title: Student Ministries High School Director
Reports To: Student Ministries Pastor
Direct Reports: N/A
Effective Date: May 2021
The Student Ministries High School Director is responsible for developing and investing in a volunteer team, as well as overseeing High School student ministry. This person would need to be a driven visionary, passionate about students, and work well with the Timberline Student Ministries (TSM) Staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
The following list of duties and responsibilities is intended to serve as a guide to what is expected of the Student Ministry High School Director.
- Recruit, train, coach and encourage volunteer adult team that will share in the leadership of the High School student ministry.
- Establish deep and caring relationships with our students, their families and volunteers involved in student ministry
- Develop and facilitate high school meetings and events
- Work with TSM staff on overall ministry strategies/goals, leader development, events, and camps/retreats
- Be a presence in the community (i.e. school events and student-oriented activities), go where the students are
- Plan and conduct monthly training meetings with TSM staff and volunteer leaders
- Attend weekly TSM staff meeting
- Maintain a personal, growing relationship with Jesus
- Have a genuine love for high school students
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills with both students and adults
- Experience in developing and building a team
- Exhibits a team-oriented mindset being both cooperative and collaborative
- Strong, creative, visionary with the ability to initiate programs independently
- Ability to deal with and relate to young people by earning their respect and trust
- Fun-loving and able to laugh
- 2 + years experience in leading/serving in student ministry
- 4-year degree preferred
- Demonstrate skills in the use of PC systems including word processing and Outlook.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and serve during evening and weekends
- Abide by the Timberline Staff Covenants and the Employee Handbook
- Attend weekly all staff chapel
This is a full-time position.
To Apply: Click the below links to complete the job application and SHAPE Assessment. Please submit these along with your resume and cover letter. We will then contact you for the next steps.
Please Note: you must submit all items requested to be considered for employment.