Job Title: Marketing Specialist
Reports To: MarCom Director
Effective Date: June 2021
The Marketing Specialist will lead day-to-day communications initiatives and represent the Timberline brand (and the team) internally and externally. He/she will be charged with developing content, marketing plans, community engagement activities, collateral development, reporting, project management functions, and special projects. He/she will manage and/or produce the visual and written materials for any medium of messaging, as well as provide the technical, logistics, systems, and software support necessary for designated tasks.
- Writes, develops, and maintains collateral and tools to support the church including brochures, flyers, storybooks, newsletters, and presentations
- Develops and executes marketing plans for key ministry initiatives, as well as church-wide campaigns including: ministry events, missions’ focus projects, community events, church initiatives, holidays, milestone projects, and more
- Launches internal/external campaigns for the church/missions on various media
- Planning, implementation, and follow-up for churchwide events, special events (including themes for internal events), and community events which serve as a brand awareness builder and engagement opportunity
- Contributes to budget strategy, maintenance, tactics, planning, and spend analysis
- Maintains a service-oriented approach, coming alongside internal ministries on each campus to understand their needs and deliver not just the bare minimum marketing requirement, but exceptional service and options that impress
- Initiates strategy for key ministry initiatives with an emphasis on evaluating and improving sucess metrics
- Develops and presents regular reports for ministries and provides executive updates for leadership
- Leads project management process to optimize efficiency and streamline marketing tasks
- Assists with information output, press releases, media requests, and advertising efforts
- Organizes focus groups, surveys, and working sessions to better understand our internal and external audiences
- Other projects as assigned
- 3-5+ years experience in marketing with a deep understanding of the principles of MarCom
- Excellent oral, written, and presentations skills required
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with effective project management, top-notch organization, coordination, and planning capabilities required
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external audiences
- Strong work ethic and commitment to quality, including the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to contribute creative and innovative ideas
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Adobe suite.
- Attend weekly staff chapel.
- Abide by the Timberline Church Staff Covenants and Employee Handbook.
- In the spirit of continuous improvement and serving one another, you may be asked to assist with interim duties or other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time position.
To Apply: Click the below links to complete the job application and SHAPE Assessment. Please submit these along with your resume and cover letter. We will then contact you for the next steps.
Please Note: you must submit all items requested to be considered for employment.