Job Title: Childcare Worker
Reports To: Early Childhood Director
Effective Date: July 2021
To provide nurturing, safe, and secure care to our Timberkids, infants to 5th grade. Ministry responsibilities include leading children in activity, worship, story, and craft, playing with the children or directing their play, reading to them, praying with children, exhibiting patience and love, and presenting the lesson and theme in words the child can understand.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for age-appropriate care which includes feeding, changing diapers, holding, sitting with, and cheerfully interacting with children through activity, worship, games, stories, crafts, and play.
- Provide for emotional, physical, and social needs of children while they are in Early Childhood.
- Help children transition during drop off to encourage a smooth transition to the classroom.
- Interact with all children and positively encourage their involvement in activities.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, volunteers, and staff.
- Stay until all children are secured with a responsible adult named on child’s registration form.
- Straighten room, clean, and sanitize any used items, toys, and tables before leaving.
- Abide by the Early Childhood Policies and Working with Minors Policies and Procedures.
- Adhere to our No Gossip Policy.
- Communicate in advance to the Early Childhood Director of any absences or changes in availability.
- Nurturing, caring, and patient caregiver who enjoys working with young children.
- Enthusiastically lead children in activities, worship, story, crafts, games, and free play.
- Able to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities/characteristics.
- American Heart (AHA) or American Red Cross (ARC) CPR training/certification for infant and child preferred.
- Abide by the Timberline Church Staff Covenants and Employee Handbook.
This is a part-time position. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
To Apply: Click the below links to complete the job application and SHAPE Assessment. Please submit these along with your resume, cover letter, professional references, and your current portfolio. We will then contact you for the next steps.
Please Note: you must submit all items requested to be considered for employment.