Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Lead Pastor Discipleship
Effective Date: Sept. 2021
This multi-department Administrative Assistant is the direct assistant to the Lead Discipleship Pastor, and the Senior Adults Directors to accomplish goals, strategies, and everyday processes for the various ministries that come under these departments including volunteers
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer and route phone calls and messages as appropriate
- Schedule appointments and meetings
- Set up, organize, and maintain all department files.
- Take minutes at meetings as required, transcribe, and distribute as requested.
- Maintain and update web content
- Reserve POC assignments for pastor
- Help manage calendar and email
- Advertise in the newsletter and make table mall requests for various ministries
- Create posters and flyers for advertising for various ministries
- Create and maintain groups in database (CCB)
- Be the point of contact for any volunteer leader; including directors, coordinators, leaders, ministry assistants, and other volunteers that may require assistance from the various departments.
- Reserve rooms in CCB as needed
- Print materials as needed
- Attend meetings as needed
- Create and keep sign up sheets
Sunday Adult Education Classes
- Print class notes for teachers and make sure Adult Ed cabinet is well organized and stocked with teacher supplies: projector cords, nametags, pens, etc.
- Print and laminate class door signs, keep attendance rosters, communicate with teachers
- Organize and serve as point person for the Israel Study Tour trip including registrations, working with travel agent to secure tickets, collecting fees, printing all needed tour guide itineraries, and advertising flyers, provide rooming lists and official ticketing roster to airlines. Develop budget and set price point for individual tickets.
Wednesday Night Community Service
- Format and print weekly bulletin for service
- Work with Pastor to contact graphic designer and assist in designing series graphics
- Wednesday Night Community supply box-keep stocked and place in South Auditorium for Greeters each Wednesday
- Communicate with Children’s and Student Ministry departments with scheduling semesters and special holiday events.
- Coordinate volunteers for snacks and coffee setup when circumstances allow.
New Believer Ministry
- Print and assemble New Believer packets making sure we always have a sufficient supply
- Inventory once a week in the Main, South, Guest Service, and the extras. Re-supply those areas as necessary, Order books and New Believer bibles as needed
- Schedule baptisms on BEC on the first weekend of the month except for the Easter baptism weekend, and the multi-campus outdoor baptism.
- Make sure online registration is current and updated with the latest baptism dates and registration links, update registration form in CCB
- Communicate with baptism participants the schedule for baptism class, baptism, and follow up.
- Assist with design and order T-Shirts, track inventory
- Secure a baptism photographer
- After the baptism: responsible for getting the baptism certificates printed and signed by pastor(s), ordering the photos, getting the DVD Copied, printing congratulation letters, and getting all these elements mailed to baptism participants in a timely manner.
- Enter baptism dates into the database
- Organize and serve as point person for the Water Valley Outdoor baptism in July
- Assist in development and design of quarterly newsletter, occasional postcards and event promotion materials, produce mailing labels for newsletter. Mail hard copy newsletters utilizing bulk mail practices. Format online newsletter through MailChimp.
- Trips-assist in tracking sign-ups, due dates for bus and hotel deposits, and creating brochure for trip itinerary. Collect, record, and track deposits for upcoming events and trips.
- Work closely with Directors in planning and organizing potlucks including volunteer sign-ups
- Send out group email blasts with reminders for various events
- Help maintain the Seniors Facebook page
- Understand and assist in annual budget development for Discipleship and Senior Adults.
- Understand and follow accounting processes to collect, record, and deposit all incoming money.
- Understand how to process check requests and internal account transfers.
- Track and maintain budget as your Pastor and Directors require. Distribute monthly reports.
Computer Skills: (Outlook, Microsoft Suite, and Church Community Builder (CCB)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office having strong Excel and Publisher skills
- Produce mailing labels/mail merge documents as required
- Proficient with ZOOM and/or Teams video meetings, scheduling, and serving as meeting host
- Attend weekly staff chapel
- In the spirit of continuous improvement and serving one another, you may be asked to assist with interim duties or other duties as assigned.
- Abide by the Timberline Church Staff Covenants and Employee Handbook
This is a full-time position 35-hour to possible 40-hour position.
To Apply: Click the below links to complete the job application and SHAPE Assessment. Please submit these along with your resume and cover letter. We will then contact you for the next steps.
Please Note: you must submit all items requested to be considered for employment.