Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Missions Pastor
Effective Date: August 2022
This Administrative Assistant is the direct assistant to the Missions Pastor to accomplish goals, strategies, and everyday processes for the various ministries that come under this department including volunteers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer and route phone calls and messages as appropriate
- Schedule appointments and meetings
- Set up, organize, and maintain all department files
- Manage the pastor's calendar
- Attend and take minutes at meetings as required, transcribe, and distribute as requested.
- Perform all necessary preparations for upcoming events
- Generate and submit classroom reservations for meetings and events through CCB
- Assist in the development of brochures, posters, and flyers
- Reconcile the Missions Office Teams credit card statement
- Understand and follow accounting processes to collect, record, and deposit all incoming money
- Understand and process check requests, invoices, and internal account transfers
- Track and maintain department budget (also entering expenses and income for Missions stats
- Create Missions Monthly newsletter
- Create Missions Monthly prayer requests from Missionaries
- Become a point of contact for any volunteer leader, including directors, coordinators, ministry assistants, and other volunteers that may require assistance
- Strong computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Experience with Community Church Builder (CCB)
- Must be confident, articulate, and professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- One year of relevant experience is preferred
Conditions of Employment/Physical Demands
- A satisfactory outcome from a criminal background check
- Compliance with the Employee Handbook and Timberline Church Staff Covenants
- Attend Staff Chapel (Part-time not required)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, operate tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, and see
- In the spirit of continuous improvement and serving one another, you may be asked to assist with interim duties or other duties as assigned
This is a full-time position of 35-hours.
To Apply: Click the below links to complete the job application and SHAPE Assessment. Please submit these along with your resume and cover letter. We will then contact you for the next steps.
Please Note: you must submit all items requested to be considered for employment.